“Storytelling is the number one, most effective way to get across information and your message.”
This long overdue program is specifically designed to enable high-performance business communication, bringing clarity, confidence, and impact for business leaders, including supervisors, managers, CEOs, sales managers, foremen, chairpersons, board members and public servants.
The Story Communication Training provides participants with knowledge and practice in story-telling techniques. It is one thing to tell a story, and quite another to tell a story that is impactful. This training empowers both the storyteller and the story.
The program focuses on communication process and language to reveal how storytelling remains the most effective way to disseminate memorable information. It prepares participants to demonstrate how storytelling engages discussion and promotes organizational learning. It enables participants to facilitate storytelling within their organization, to engage others in creating and telling their own stories, thereby developing talent and reinforcing strengths organization-wide.
Participants also learn how to open conversations by developing questions that provide focus on helping learners see and appreciate how and where language and stories can uplift morale, create rapport and deepen relationships at work.
This program introduces participants to impactful public speaking opportunities that are essential in modern day communication and provides practice in applying the storytelling method so learners can create clear compassionate communications and presentations.
Measurable learning objectives:
- learn the key elements of effective storytelling
- learn the language of storytelling
- practice writing exercises to maximize engagement of the listener
- learn to create personal stories, that when told effectively, are fun, engaging and inspirational
- learn how to interview and ask questions that bring out the story
- develop listening skills by listening to others’ stories, taking notes and providing the storyteller with a synopsis of their story
- learn the number one retention tool used in the delivery of material – an authentic, relevant, well-told story that listeners will remember forever.
- learn storytelling and writing as an effective tool and resource that builds greater confidence in your ability to interact with, impact and motivate others
- learn how to write stories for newsletters and emails and blogs in a concise, interesting and engaging way
1- Understanding the importance of story- telling and writing as a communication tool (1 hour)
2- Inter-active-connections and language (1 hour)
3- Becoming a storyteller (1 hour)
4- Story Building (1 hour)
5- Setting the stage for storytelling – Presentation (1 hour)
6- Authenticity, emotion, passion and feeling (1 hour)
7- Making your story fun and engaging (1 hour)
8- Presentation (2 hours)
Delivery Method: In person and/or Live online
Assessment Tools: Participant evaluation is ongoing to ensure comprehension of the materials.
Duration 3-12 weeks depending on the desire and availability of the participant and employer